Traffic, Traffic, Traffic. One of the hottest and most debated topics online.
For list building – traffic is key. But traffic for list building has to be the right kind of traffic.
So I felt it best to use offline examples to show you four different kinds of traffic and how they relate to online methods:
- City traffic can be massive if you are positioned in the right area.
- Freeway traffic can bring massive quantities but only at certain times of the day.
- Suburban traffic is much more targeted and can bring very qualified prospects.
- Rural traffic is somewhat targeted but you need to be able to capture the prospect.
Each one has it’s own patterns and volumes.
The commonality amongst all the above options is that you need to capture the prospects attention, hence different methods work for the different kinds of traffic.
For years the saying in retail was location, location, location…and depending on your location determined what kind of traffic you received.
The beauty of the web is that you can dial in just about any kind of traffic that you want and along with the right amount.
The question you need to ask is, what kind of traffic do you want? Massive quantities but un-targeted or lessor quantities but more targeted. This all depends on your niche(s) and needs.
Here are four of the many online traffic sources you can use to build your list:
- Pay-per-click can be turned on & off – which works great for some marketers.
- Banner Ads work great and can bring tons of traffic, if you are positioned well.
- Articles work like a charm for targeted traffic, especially if you like to write and already have knowledge about your subject and market.
- Videos can bring searchers who are very targeted and have interest in specific niches, products, services and information.
Traffic for list building all comes down to ROI. Is the traffic bringing you ROI or is it just TOE (tons of eyeballs)?
Return on investment is the key. Without ROI, you are spinning your wheels. So make sure you test your traffic sources and work towards ones that produce ROI.
Tired of spinning your list building wheels and want to finally get some traction? This might be just what you need…check it out here: List Building Strategies & Tactics