How does one develop a list of subscribers online and make it a business? In this post I will share with you three simple steps that will hopefully get you pointed in the right direction.
First we need to ask a few questions…
Why build a list? Why develop an email list of subscribers and clients when you can do other kinds of businesses online?
When it comes to online opportunities, there is certainly no shortage.
Here’s a partial list of ways you could make an income online:
- Sell physical products through ecommerce.
- Sell digital informational products.
- Offer content and then make a commission on the ads displayed on your site.
- Make a commission on products through Amazon.com or other ecommerce sites.
- Make a commission on the actions that people take (CPA marketing).
And the list goes on and on…
This leads us back to developing a list online.
Every business has its quirks, positives and negatives. List building is no different. It just takes consistent work on the list builder’s part as do other online businesses.
The thing that separates building a list from other ventures is that the list can become an asset of sorts, if you monetize it. And the way you monetize it is by treating people right and having products or services that they are in need of.
That’s right, you need to treat the people on your list like you want to be treated. The better you treat them and the better you communicate, the more likely they are to buy from you. This is what I call building relationships.
Now one of the things about list building is that you have to continually add new subscribers and then convert a percentage of those subscribers to buyers through the products or services you offer to them.
Here’s the Simple 3-Step Explanation about How to Develop a List Online:
1. Drive Targeted Traffic (searchers) to a Squeeze or Landing Page that has a form for the searcher to subscribe to your list. This page should be focused on capturing the searcher and bringing them into your world. Not telling your entire story and giving away tons of information.
2. Offer Quality Content, Products and/or Services that are produced by you or someone else. Once the searcher has been converted to a subscriber, these products or services should be setup in a sequenced sales funnel along with quality content that keeps the subscriber’s attention.
3. Convert a percentage of your Subscribers into Buyers and you have sales and revenue coming your way. Conversion is the key and you will hear all kinds of formulas and ideas on the best ways to do this. What’s important is that you have a system for converting your subscribers to buyers. Not someone else’s system – but your own. Your conversion rate is your conversion rate and this might be higher or lower than what you see other marketers are saying should be ideal or sufficient.
Simple, right? But know that there are other things that need to be done or what I refer to as the details in between the lines.
So if list building is something you are really looking to pursue or if your list building efforts have not produced much, then go get yourself a copy of The List Building Guide and also check out this page about how to build a list of subscribers.
To your online success,